Faymonville CombiMAX Range
The CombiMAX is a unique, far-reaching low loader concept, the idea of which is based on the variety of combinations with standardised components. The principles of modularity and flexibility are applied to the trailers and step frame semi-trailers for medium to heavy payloads of between 50 and 250 tonnes.
Technical advantages and new items
The CombiMAX can be tailored individually to every transport requirement. New components and methods have been developed especially for this concept.
The bogies are available with pendle axles, with axles on independent suspension in the Twin-Axle-II version as well as in knuckle-steered variants – and all of them have the same interface, because all axle systems are controlled by a newly developed and universally usable gooseneck: the "ONE-NECK-TECHNOLOGY" from Faymonville - unique and revolutionary in the transport industry.
The combination of three coupling systems is also new:
- Universal coupling head with bolt coupling
- Hook adaptor
- Installable telescopic centre beam ("Add-On Beam")
The combination of these three systems enables versatility, speed and efficiency with regard to the customer’s widely varying transport requirements. Thanks to the universal coupling head, the direct connection of components of different heights (tyres) and widths is also easily possible.
This creates countless possibilities and each individual component of the CombiMAX construction kit can be used more frequently and accordingly be amortised faster. Total investment in the vehicle fleet is thus considerably reduced.
The maximum technical axle load of the different types of bogies was defined on the basis of a minimum speed of 30 km/h. This leads to a considerable optimisation of the dead weight compared to known modular axle lines.
Despite the weight optimisation, an enormous bending moment across all bogie variants is achieved by the use of high-strength fine-grained steels and a new frame design.
Particular importance was attached during the development to the simple operability of the overall concept. The intuitive operator guidance significantly increases safety and reduces the risk of incorrect handling.
Define and configure!
The Faymonville CombiMAX captivates by its versatility and is accordingly suitable for all transport needs. "Define your transport task - configure your vehicle solution!"
The new CombiMAX series combines all the advantages of a modular system with the user-friendliness of a conventional heavy load vehicle such as the product types MultiMAX, MegaMAX or VarioMAX and offers the customer an inexpensive and variable solution for the most diverse requirements thanks to its versatile combinability.
Every conceivable combination can be created from the variable basic principle of the CombiMAX, allowing the CombiMAX to open up the door to the market of unlimited possibilities. Standardisation extends to the supply of spare parts, which thus proceeds faster and more efficiently.
Suspension and steering
The CombiMAX can be equipped with several steering systems, each of which is connected with a universally usable gooseneck (One-Neck-Technology) or with a drawbar:
- Pendle axles (quadruple or octuple-tyred)
- PA-X: the LOW pendle-axle (790mm loading height and 600mm stroke)
- Independent wheel suspension (Faymonville TWIN AXLE II)
- Knuckle steering axles (hydraulic or air suspension)
Equipment & accessories
The composition of the CombiMAX semi-trailers can be extended as desired by accessories. The equipment options for the semi-trailer include:
- Extendable (single to triple telescoping): add-on beam
- Low beds in the well-known variants
- Trailer equipment with various drawbars
- Long material equipment with self-tracking devices
- "Split bogies" divisible in the longitudinal direction for constructing so-called 1+1/2 vehicles (3-file, 4-file)
- Intermediate platform ("Spacer")
Areas of use
The CombiMAX can be tailored individually to the transport requirements. Whatever the transport challenge, it can be mastered by individual configuration thanks to the CombiMAX principle. Hence, all areas of application remain possible, for example the loading of:
- Construction machines (excavation and road construction, recycling...)
- Wind power plants (tower segments, generators, rotor or turbine blades)
- Structural elements (steel and concrete elements)
- Industrial parts (transformers, crane-loaded goods...)
- Track-guided vehicles (trams, locomotives, wagons)
- Bulky goods, long materials and heavy loads
- Offshore structures (drilling platforms, wind turbines, platforms, pipelines)
- Ships or parts of ships
- Bridge elements